Infusion Nurse Coordinator - Med Spec of Taunton - Unalloc
Registered Nurse/ Nurse Leadership
SMG - Taunton Area
Med Spec of Taunton - Unalloc
Graduate of Accredited Nursing School
MA licensure is required.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Healthcare experience is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Infusion Nurse Coordinator is responsible for administering parenteral fluids, blood & blood components, pharmacological agents, nutritional solutions and pain medications to patients within an ambulatory setting, providing education to patients regarding their home infusion therapy, and providing ongoing monitoring of their treatment.
* Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary judgments to ensure best practice in patient care.
* Responsible for systematically assessing the health care needs of patients for the formulation of a care plan, its implementation and evaluation. Includes checking patient vitals, discussing symptom management and answering any questions.
* Mixes medications, including chemotherapy, according to standard procedure of the practice.
* Review patient lab work to ensure appropriate levels prior to administering medications.
* Administer medications to patient and monitor for any drug reaction/side effects.
* Perform maintenance of patient IV's, equipment, etc.
* Provide education/resources to patients pertaining to referrals, nutrition, support groups, etc.
* Order all medications for the practice and conduct inventory of medications.
* Participate in ongoing internal and external education to ensure appropriate knowledge base of medications/administering of medications.
* At times, will perform administrative functions within the practice:
o Process insurance copayments
o Process authorization to order medications
o Assist with scheduling of patients
o Triage of patients
o Running billing reports
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
* Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills base on general precedents.
* Ability to set priorities and organize work with general guidelines.
* Ability to see assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
* Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows.
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented and respectful manner.
I. Education: Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Bachelor's degree in nursing strongly preferred.
II. Experience: 1-3 years related work experience. Experience in chemotherapy and biologic medication administration.
III. Software/Hardware: Basic familiarity with computers.
IV. Certifications: Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification strongly preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 54426