Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization, knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Insurance Verifier.
The successful candidate will:
- Verify insurance benefits and obtains prior authorization for patient exams being performed at Hawthorn Medical/SMG.
- Record all insurance benefit and certification information in the applicable computer system. Complete and distribute all paperwork required by insurance and Imaging department.
- Gather all necessary information from secretaries to obtain pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as stipulated by each individual health plan for Diagnostic Imaging services and communicates with scheduling when additional information is required..
- Interface on a daily basis with insurance carriers, individual insurance provider authorizers, medical groups, and scheduling coordinators to maximize efficiency.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures as well as compliance standards.
- Notifies management staff when problems arise.
- Provide scheduling services, maintains communication with the ordering physicians and their secretaries to schedule patients for a variety of imaging procedures.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the appropriate exam preparation, appointment arrival time and contraindications. Able to communicate these instructions to both the scheduling secretaries and the patients that may call directly.
- Utilize payer websites to determine eligibility and benefit determination to ensure radiology exams are covered and to prevent denials.
High school diploma or equivalent required, associate’s degree or secretarial certificate preferred. Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in medical office setting required; medical terminology and computer skills preferred.
Excellent customer service /communication skills.
Detailed knowledge of third party payer requirements for authorization requirements to facilitate payment for imaging services.
Familiar with medical terminology, ICD-10 coding and CPT procedure codes preferred
Ability to process multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment and prioritize workload effectively. Must be able to function independently.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia, which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and 9 states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional, support staff, and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.