Laboratory Services Manager
Supervisor: Director of Laboratory Services
Wage Class: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for the Outreach Lab departments assuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Code lab charges; make sure all charges are billed.
- Gather insurance information for charges.
- Take lab call 2pm-5pm Monday through Friday. On-call 24 hours for employees.
- Makes on call schedule including back up call.
- Ensures audits done at all nursing homes related to lab every month.
- Supervise lab employees, performing training and in service as needed for phlebotomists.
- Tracks phlebotomy errors in billing and ordering.
- Post nursing home charges.
- Works with Director of Laboratory Services in handling lab problems in the nursing homes.
- Orders and maintains phlebotomy supplies.
- Make sure all equipment is in working order.
- Oversee all lab supplies and equipment.
- Works with Director of Laboratory Services writing policies and procedures.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures regarding operations, safety and OSHA.
- Enforces company policies and procedures regarding operations, safety and OSHA.
- In charge of setting up payroll for department, including coordination of employee time off.
- In charge of staffing Outreach.
- Maintains and ensures staff maintain a pleasant, friendly demeanor in all interactions with customers by utilizing eye contact, courtesy, and a warm caring attitude.
- Per yearly safety training calendar, complete staff education, training and any surveillance required. Completed training attendance sheets are to be turned into Safety Chairperson on a regular basis.
- Routinely ends all interactions with customers by asking “is there anything else I can do for you?”
- Smiles, acknowledges patients upon arrival, and uses common courtesy terms such as yes sir, ma’am, thank you and please.
- Complies with the facility privacy policies and procedures for the management of protected health information (PHI)
- Understands that ignoring situations where PHI may have been potentially compromised comes with legal ramifications to both the practice and myself.
- Follows Universal Precaution Procedures while performing applicable duties.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment in the performance of duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to job position.
- Maintains computer skills necessary to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the performance of all data entry duties.
- Adheres to infection control and safety policies, including education, reporting and practice implementation of specific to job position.
- Helps to maintain the office area to reduce the risk of safety hazards and enhance general appearance.
- Protects and honors patient and coworker confidentiality.
- Consistently adheres to Agency dress code.
- Maintains appropriate attitude in the performance of duties.
- Behavior toward coworkers, supervisors and patients consistently displays a courteous respectful attitude and promotes a positive image of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and or/ Experience:
- Must have high school degree or general equivalence degree.
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse or phlebotomist with supervision experience - three years in the medical field.
- Must demonstrate computer knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate with people of all ages.
- Microsoft Outlook (E-mail)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- NextGen- EPM
- NextGen- EMR
- Harvest LIS
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7197