Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a dedicated, professional Lead Mammograohy Technologist to assist us in the treatment of our patients. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain QA/QC records in an orderly fashion. Work closely with the Radiation Physicist by both verbal and written communication to maintain that the equipment meets all Radiation standards set forth by law. In doing so enables the patients to receive high quality service with the minimum amount of radiation exposure.
- Take immediate action to correct any and all parameters that do not fall within the established guidelines, including but not limited to proper exposures, equipment calibrations, processor functions.
- Take responsibility to ensure patient record keeping and patient tracking is done in a timely manner.
- Operate Mammography equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information, which ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning. Provide complete documentation of the exam and provide the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Perform all aspects of breast imaging including Mammography, Ultrasound assistance, cyst aspiration, core biopsies and the handling and routing of all breast specimens.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors allowing for the lowest permissible dose to produce the best quality film.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participate in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (Mammography) with minimum 3 years mammography experience.
- Knowledge regarding QA/QC including but not limited to MQSA/ACR regulations.
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (Mammography)
- Current CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13007