Lead MRI Technologist
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Lead MRI Technologist to coordinate the activities of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) section of the Radiology Imaging Department and its technologists.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Select proper imaging techniques and follow department protocols in order to provide a complete study; provide documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Explain exam to patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient; follows HIPPA standards to maintain patient privacy and disclosure of protected patient information
- Prepare and administer contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy; perform IV venipuncture
- Prioritize, adjusts and revises workload as necessary in view of stat orders, emergencies, walk-ins and fluctuations in patient workload.
- Maintain departmental records as required including, service reports, QA and statistical . reports.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- Remains current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment by reading manuals and technical journals. Participate in educational programs, maintain CEU’s that meet State and National guidelines.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- 3 - 5 years of MRI experience with some leadership preferred.
- ARRT Certification Radiography and MR
- Current Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
- Current BLS certification
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.