Lead Physician Documentation Assistant - CMGE Ed at Sah
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Ed at Sah
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Healthcare experience is required.
Medical Terminology experience is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Lead Physician Documentation Assistant, under the direction of ED Leadership, will be responsible for the general oversight and training for the Physician Documentation Assistant program. The principle duty and function of a Physician Documentation Assistant is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising emergency physician and emergency department team.
* The Lead Physician Documentation Assistant will function at all times under a physician's direct supervision, and will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
* Record a physician-directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
* Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
* Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
* Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and the ED staff.
* Under the direction of the ED Chief or designee, maintain general oversight and supervision of the PDA program and serve as liaison between the Chief/designee and PDA staff.
* Manage scheduling for the PDAs at their respective ED.
* Conduct quarterly PDA documentation audits.
* In coordination with ED Chief or designee, conduct interviews of PDA candidates and coordinate the on boarding of new hired PDA's.
* Responsible for all training of newly hired PDAs.
* Along with the ED Chief or designee, may be asked to participate in various recruitment activities
* At the direction of the ED Chief or designee, may be responsible for coordinating MD Meditech training
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous experience as a Physician Document Assistant preferred
Basic knowledge of medical terminology
Preferred candidate would be a medical student, nursing student, paramedic student, medical assistant, EMT or CNA. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality/HIPPA confidentiality required
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 55157