Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a professional, dedicated LICSW to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Assess patient’s psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with the patient’s care team.
- Provide short-term and long-term psychotherapy to identify problems; provide on-going counseling and facilitate needed referrals.
- Link patient/family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to sources for information/referral for financial assistance, transportation, food, housing, support groups.
- Serve as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families and community to ensure continuity of care.
- Document patient/family status and history, diagnosis, treatment plan, evaluation results, observations and progress in electronic medical record.
- Serve as a resource to other staff on community resources and in area of specialty.
- Assist patients with completion of applications for disability, MassHealth and Medicare D.
- Conduct support groups for patients and/or families.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in social work. Additional course work in area of specialty (e.g., psychiatric, pediatric, elderly, group work) as required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three to five years experience in social work and providing psychotherapy with diverse patient populations.
REQUIREMENTS: LICSW (for reimbursement purposes).
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12534