- Working directly with the physician, as the liaison between the patient and the physician for establishing and maintaining quality patient care.
- Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care:
- Assesses the patient and family as appropriate.
- Plans and implements clinical care.
- Facilitates its delivery to patients and family members.
- Evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Take vitals when necessary, administering medication, assisting in exams and procedures as needed
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR for physical
- Supply ordering, stocking and daily prep of exam rooms
- Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
- Requesting and obtaining referrals, and scheduling patient visits and/or surgery
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate of accredited License Practical Nursing Program required.
- Current LPN license required.
- Previous experience preferred
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.