Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice located in Whitman, MA.
The position is Monday & Wednesday 7:30a-5pm; Thursday & Friday 7:30a-4:00pm
• Room placement
• Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, medication list, etc into EMR
• Quality Measures
• Administer Injections
• Telephone Triage
• Stocking of rooms
• Calling patients with lab/test results
• Communication with hospitals, hospice, lab, VNA and other healthcare facilities
• Maintain and monitor PT/INR results
• Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
• Additional duties as assigned
• LPN license required and IV certification a plus
• Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7978