Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Mammography Technologist.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate Mammography equipment to obtain diagnostic images and in doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning.
- Perform all aspects of breast imaging including Mammography, Ultrasound assistance, cyst aspiration, core biopsies and the handling and routing of all breast specimens.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors allowing for the lowest permissible dose to produce the best quality film. Process film with accurate patient identification and appropriate markers.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to work within the regulations mandated by the State of
Massachusetts with regard to Mammography, in addition to the MQSA and ACR regulations.
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures. Maintains all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel as well as various community interactions as appropriate to the position.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the workday, including imaging equipment, film processors and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (Mammography)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (Mammography)
- CPR Certification
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward Physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.