Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Mammography Technologist.
We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your skills and further your career path with a passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate Mammography equipment to obtain diagnostic images and in doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning.
- Perform all aspects of breast imaging including Mammography, Ultrasound assistance, cyst aspiration, core biopsies and the handling and routing of all breast specimens.
- Calculate and select proper technical factors allowing for the lowest permissible dose to produce the best quality film. Process film with accurate patient identification and appropriate markers.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Must be knowledgeable and able to work within the regulations mandated by the State of
Massachusetts in regards to Mammography, in addition to the MQSA and ACR regulations.
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures. Able to assist the Radiologist or Physician during any such procedures. Maintains all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintain effective working relations and communication with departmental and other Hawthorn Medical personnel as well as various community interactions as appropriate to the position.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the workday, including imaging equipment, film processors and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Remain current on developments and trends in imaging techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (Mammography)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography), (Mammography)
- CPR Certification
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.