Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an experienced, professional, dedicated Manager of Facilities. The successful candidate will:
- Direct the total maintenance of facilities, housekeeping, and couriers and has primary responsibility for project functions associated with the design and construction of new facilities / additions and renovations.
- Directly supervise assigned employees and responsible for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Follow the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct. Conduct self as a positive role model and team member.
- Participate in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for maintenance and housekeeping of facilities including and not limited to all heating, air conditioning, as well as maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment.
- Directly responsible for Housekeeping, Couriers, Facilities Coordinator Clerk / Mailroom, Maintenance, and Materials Warehouse functions and staff.
- Plan, direct, and oversee all activities for assigned projects including:
- Develop and maintain business relationships with trade unions, agents, contractors, vendors, city / state agencies.
- program development;
- design conformance with design specifications;
- budget guidelines;
- compliance with all applicable building codes and regulations
- Direct consultant architects, engineers, contractors and sub contractors involved with assigned projects
- Institute quality control standards and monitors performance of assigned staff.
- Ensure the overall organization and each specific facility as well as procedures are in compliance with regulatory laws, permits, licenses, certificates of inspection / occupancy, building codes including and not limited to:
- Insure facilities adhere to OSHA requirements
- Maintain disaster plan including fire evacuation and disaster response.
- Serve as facilities Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Coordinate Environmental Health and Safety Program
- Responsible for Hazardous waste disposal programs and for Paper recycling program
- Maintain Right to Know Program
- Develop, control and monitors budget, allocation of resources, reduces variances and implements cost savings with regards to production supplies, operating supplies, electricity, gas, water, sewer, etc.
- Formulate performance guidelines, objectives and goals for employees including performance development plans.
- Assist in coordination of special events and client requests.
- Must be able to accept on-call (including nights and weekends) responsibilities and immediately respond to emergency call pages.
- Occasionally requires hands-on participation in maintenance and repair projects.
Position requires 5 – 7 years of progressively more responsible experience in planning, project management and facilities engineering with at least 5 years as a Project Manager on projects of major scope and complexity.
Massachusetts builder’s license; Contractor license preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Advanced interpersonal skills; high level administrative and organizational skills; advanced analytical and problem solving skills; solid, working knowledge of all engineering functions associatesd with facility design and construction including civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical in order to effectively plan and manage construction / renovation projects of moderately large scope.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is exposed to wet and or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and vibration.
Supervisory Responsibility: Support staff.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7068