Manager, Finance & Reimbursement
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
Master's degree is preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of SMG's Sr. Manager of Revenue Cycle the candidate is responsible for managing multiple revenue processes and acting as a liaison between revenue cycle and finance in order to support SMG's strategic initiatives and overall performance. The optimal candidate for this role is a deadline-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
* Maintain end-to-end accountability for revenue including oversight of accrual based revenue recognition models
* Develop and maintain a dynamic end-to-end revenue reporting framework including but not limited to:
o Month end variance analysis
o Asset Base Lending calculations
o Weekly cash-flow forecasting
o Daily month-end revenue/productivity projections.
o Ad hoc projects as needed by leadership
* Develop and deliver continuous education on revenue
* Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level staff
* Analyze financial information detailing revenue, expenses and other accounts to summarize current and projected financial position of SMG practices and operational divisions.
* Provide day-to-day guidance and leadership to staff.
* Continue to assist in development of database warehouse and automated reporting tools
* Maintain confidentiality of patient records, communications and other sensitive data.
* Maintain the values and philosophy of the mission statement of SMG.
* Perform all other duties related to the successful performance of this job.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting: Master's degree preferred.
* 5+ years progressive work experience in revenue recognition. Healthcare finance a plus.
* 2+ years work experience managing a team.
* Significant experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Understands data modeling and relational database design.
* Strong understanding of financial concepts, with modeling experience a plus. Experience combining clinical and financial data.
* Problem solving, analytical ability and interpersonal skills are important to perform successfully in this position. Must be able to function independently, manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines. Must demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changes and respond to new ideas and approaches.
* Systems experience with building out data warehouse tools and dashboards with Qlik a plus.
* Must be detail-oriented, deadline-oriented and accurate.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100023938