Manager, Revenue Performance Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Manager, Revenue Performance is responsible for overseeing the Revenue Performance function and team located within Utah, Arizona, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. Working closely with the Director of Revenue Performance, the Manager of Revenue Performance will ensure RPMs are undertaking appropriate actions to identify and execute on opportunities to enhance and optimize revenue performance at SMG practices. This position will provide leadership and guidance by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Practice Directors to foster an open and collaborative working environment.
- Mentoring and coaching Revenue Performance Managers.
- In partnership with the Business Analytics team, identifying relevant KPIs and developing market and practice level dashboards to support ongoing identification of trends, both positive and negative, of revenue performance.
- Guiding RPMs through development of market specific business plans and goals, including initiatives for optimization and growth.
- Supporting RPM efforts to troubleshoot and resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions with and for their practices.
- Demonstrate high level knowledge of SMG markets, including org charts, service lines, practice performance, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop and execute onboarding plan for new hires.
- Develop and execute ongoing training and career development program for RPM team.
- Perform annual performance reviews, providing both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Partner with SMG Training & Development Manager to assess the training needs of RPM staff and SMG practices and develop sustainable programs according to those needs.
- In conjunction with Director of Revenue Performance, prepare and present monthly SMG leadership updates.
- Participate in field visits with RPMs to monitor performance and ensure understanding of market trends.
- Oversee/project manage Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- Monitor production reports and provide guidance to RPMs and Directors based on statistics.
- Monitor activity between Practice Operations and Revenue Cycle regarding responses to practice issues / concerns and ensure appropriate follow-through. Serve as additional escalation support as needed.
- Communicate highest priority issues and trends to SMG Operations leadership; escalate on behalf of RPMs and Revenue Cycle when needed.
- As needed, represent the Revenue Cycle department on work groups and/or task forces.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in physician practice revenue cycle operations and/or practice operations.
- Track record of leading growth and team building skills.
- Ability to manage and lead through influence and relationship building.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Experience using analytics, reporting, KPI's and metrics to drive decisions and outcomes.
- Self motivated, and organization, thrives in fast paced environment.
- Must reside with SMG Western territory of Louisiana, Texas, Arizona or Utah
- 50% travel required
JobBusiness Services/Medical Records
Primary LocationUtah-South Jordan
OrganizationPhysician Group of Utah
Education LevelHigh School Diploma/GED
Job Reference #: 1805896