Manager, Revenue Performance
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Manager, Revenue Performance is responsible for overseeing the Revenue Performance function and team. Working closely with the Director, Revenue Performance, the Manager, Revenue Performance will ensure RPMs are undertaking appropriate actions to identify and execute on opportunities to enhance and optimize revenue performance at SMG practices. This position will provide leadership and guidance by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Practice Directors to foster an open and collaborative working environment.
- Mentoring and coaching Revenue Performance Managers.
- In partnership with the Business Analytics team, identifying relevant KPIs and developing market and practice level dashboards to support ongoing identification of trends, both positive and negative, of revenue performance.
- Guiding RPMs through development of market specific business plans and goals, including initiatives for optimization and growth.
- Supporting RPM efforts to troubleshoot and resolve day to day revenue cycle issues and questions with and for their practices.
- Demonstrate high level knowledge of SMG markets, including org charts, service lines, practice performance, challenges, and opportunities.
- Develop and execute onboarding plan for new hires.
- Develop and execute ongoing training and career development program for RPM team.
- Perform annual performance reviews, providing both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Partner with SMG Training & Development Manager to assess the training needs of RPM staff and SMG practices and develop sustainable programs according to those needs.
- In conjunction with Director, Revenue Performance, prepare and present monthly SMG leadership updates.
- Participate in field visits with RPMs to monitor performance and ensure understanding of market trends.
- Oversee/project manage Revenue Cycle initiatives.
- Monitor production reports and provide guidance to RPMs and Directors based on statistics.
- Monitor activity between Practice Operations and Revenue Cycle regarding responses to practice issues / concerns and ensure appropriate follow-through. Serve as additional escalation support as needed.
- Communicate highest priority issues and trends to SMG Operations leadership; escalate on behalf of RPMs and Revenue Cycle when needed.
- As needed, represent the Revenue Cycle department on work groups and/or task forces.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in physician practice revenue cycle operations and/or practice operations.
- Track record of leading growth and optimization projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Ability to manage and lead through influence and relationship building.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Experience using analytics, reporting, KPIs and metrics to drive decisions and outcomes.
- Self-motivated, and organization, thrives in fast paced environment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2440