Med Interpreter/Med Secretary
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Interpreter/ Medical Secretary with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Relay medical information between speakers of two different languages in 3 different modalities: face to face; telephonic and/or video interpreting.
- Reduce linguistic barriers for patients and family members who are LEP, deaf or hard of hearing seeking care at HMA.
- Help facilitate successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse consumers. Explain office protocol; and limitations to clinicians and patients; make appropriate referrals; serve as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and providers to contribute to successful outcomes.
- Support the office operations by registering patients, checking patients out, answering the phone, taking requests, calling patients to confirm appointments, document encounters, perform EMR data entry, verify and schedule future appointments.
- Demonstrate courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Perform duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Spanish Medical Interpreter
- 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities Required:
Experience managing a multi-line phone system, knowledge of Electronic Medical Records (EMR), such as Athena, strong understanding of medical terminology, various insurance plans and referral procedures preferred. Must be flexible, customer / patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 14885