Medical Assistant - 8:30am-5:00pm
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Methuen Area
VRMS Pediatric Hlth Ctr Unall
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Certification is preferred.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice located in Methuen, MA.
Please note that this is a temporary position. We are looking for someone to fill in to cover a leave of absence. The anticipated duration of this assignment is 2 months.
* Take vitals when necessary
* Room placement
* Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR for physical
* Supply ordering
* Stocking of rooms
* Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
* Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
* Front desk support - phone triage, appointment scheduling and co-pay collection
* Additional duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
* 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
* Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
* Some travel required within the market
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 100025145