Medical Assistant - CMGE Waltham Unall
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Waltham Unall
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Certification is preferred.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice.
The position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm.
* Take vitals when necessary
* Room placement
* Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR for physical
* Supply ordering
* Stocking of rooms
* Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
* Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
* Front desk support - phone triage, appointment scheduling and co-pay collection
* Additional duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
* 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
* Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
* Some travel is required within the market
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 51500