Medical Assistant I (Midtown Medical Group)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
We are looking for talented, dedicated Medical Assistants to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we’ll support you with comprehensive benefits including: training, a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), work-life programs, employee discounts, and opportunities to grow your career potential.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers while providing exceptional care to patients and customers within the clinical scope of an MA. The Medical Assistant ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Medical Assistants are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Coordinates with clinic staff to ensure a positive patient flow and waiting room experience
- Assists with front and back office duties
- Prepares patients to be seen by physicians
- Collects vital signs and testing as required by the healthcare provider
- Assists provider with collection, documentation, processing, and verification of information related to patient care in an EMR system.
- Keeps patients informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
- Performs diagnostic tests and processes and enters results
- Communicates patient concerns and needs to the healthcare provider
- Timely responses to patient inquiries and timely completion of assigned tasks
- Completes documentation of patient interactions
- Maintains cleanliness of clinic areas, exam rooms and medical implements before and after patient use
- Responsible to set up exam rooms and stock with up to date required supplies for patient care
- Answers telephones, forwards telephone messages and under the direction of licensed staff schedules appointments, procedures and diagnostic tests
Assists in routine clerical functions such as filing of medical information in patient's records, locating and compiling department charts, obtaining medical records from other providers and entering charges for billing purposes
- Facilitates timely closing of clinic and follows closing procedures
- Completes assigned training and education
- Performs other duties as determined by the Practice Manager or Clinic Director
1. High school Graduate / GED
2. Graduate of a medical assistant program
3. One year previous of demonstrated customer service experience
4. One year previous Physician Office experience preferred.
5. Current CPR
6. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) license highly preferred
7. Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
8. Requires excellent communication skills to relate to physicians, patients, outside organizations/people, and other office staff.
9. Knowledge of medical supplies, ordering procedures, inventory and clerical skills is helpful.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18196