Medical Assistant I
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations in a busy practice.
• Take vitals when necessary
• Room placement
• Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR for physical
• Supply ordering
• Stocking of rooms
• Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
• Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
• Front desk support - phone triage, appointment scheduling and co-pay collection
• Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
• Some travel is required within the market
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 98907