Medical Assistant I
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team. In this role, they will provide critical support to providers and patients. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service, deliver outstanding care to the patients, have a positive attitude and willingness to help where needed.
Benefits of working for Steward Medical Group:
- Student loan repayment / Tuition reimbursement
- Experience working one on one with Physicians and Advanced Practitioners
- Career pathing and development programs
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive and affordable benefits
- Meet with patient to obtain reason for visit, record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR. Take vital signs which include blood pressure, weight, height, etc.
- Order tests and obtain prior authorizations
- Request and obtain referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Coordinate action place with appropriate provider and assist with treatments as needed
- Follow up with patients on test results, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies, including refrigeration, vaccinations, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred or experience in the field
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft, etc.)