Medical Assistant I
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant to support our busy Pediatrics practice.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with patients at the beginning of their office appointment to obtain information, verify electronic health record data, take and record vital signs and prepare the room for the health care provider
- Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary, and maintains all supplies needed for procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Clean exam/procedure room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; document accordingly.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including documenting in patients EMR, filing, and follow-up phone calls.
- Interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress; bilingual communication skills helpful. Present a positive attitude and a professional appearance
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting required.
- Relevant professional experience preferred.
- National certification from AAMA, NMAA or equivalent is a plus and earns a higher rate than non-certified MA’s
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics
We offer you:
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.