Medical Assistant I
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
The Medical Assistant will work as a member of the clinical team. In this role, they will provide critical support to providers and patients. To be successful in this position, you must enjoy collaborating and being part of a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have excellent customer service, deliver outstanding care to the patients, have a positive attitude and willingness to help where needed.
Benefits of working for Steward Medical Group:
- Student loan repayment
- Experience working one on one with Physicians and Advanced Practitioners
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive and affordable benefits
- Meet with patient to obtain reason for visit, record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc. into EMR
- Room patients and take vital signs which include blood pressure, weight, height, etc.
- Order tests and obtain prior authorizations
- Request and obtain referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Advise provider that the patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate action place with appropriate provider and assist with treatments as needed
- Follow up with patients on test results, doctor’s orders, etc.
- Participate in daily huddle with providers and office staff
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies, including refrigeration, vaccinations, etc.
- May be asked to do phlebotomy draws and administer vaccinations as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record (EMR) strongly preferred (athena a plus)
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft, etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and provide high level patient care
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.