Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary - Monday - Friday, Flexible schedule
SMG - Ayer Area
LUNENBURG FAM PRAC UNALL
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Certification is required.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Experience is highly preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of a team and complete all Medical Assistant/Medical Assistant daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice located in Lunenburg, MA.
Medical Assistant Functions:
* Takes vital signs
* Prepares the patient, equipment and instruments
* Chaperones female patients as needed
* Reports significant observations and patient problems to appropriate care givers
* Cleans instruments and equipment, as needed
* Provides and maintains supplies, equipment and linen for clinical areas
Medical Secretary Functions:
* Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
* Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
* Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital
* Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
* Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
* Provides administrative support for physician. Prepares correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature
* Organizes and updates files, charts, and records
* Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
* Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
* 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant
* The ability to perform medical secretary duties
* Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
* Some travel required within the market
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 100019568