- Answers and triages all telephone calls, routes calls appropriately taking into consideration the extent of emergency or priority of the call, takes messages, follows through with each message ensuring that the proper physician or staff member has received the information, and provides routine information to callers.
- Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.).
- Schedules outpatient procedures and applicable testing for patients as directed.
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information.
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters, enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
- Types correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters information into the computer system. Transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature.
- Organizes and updated files, charts, and records.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of the Faculty Practice Plan.
- Responsible for general filing, stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Performs work to meet schedules and to facilitate quality team health care to patients
- Reports significant observations and patient problems to professional care givers
- Maintains confidentiality of patients' records and problems
- Provides and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment
- Attends inservice programs appropriate to clinical areas
- Performs non-nursing functions which impact and contribute to the quality of patient care as directed by the Clinical Staff
- Cross-trains with front desk staff
- Terminal cleaning and infection control
Criteria - Medical Assistant
- Functions in role of Medical Assistant - takes vital signs, EKGs, chief complaints, etc.
- Prepares the patient and equipment; chaperoning female patients as needed
- Cleans instruments and equipment, as needed
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment
- Provides and maintains supplies, equipment, and linen for the assigned clinical areas
- Reports significant observations and patient problems through proper channels
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records and problems; treats patients and families with respect
- Attends nursing meetings and inservice programs appropriate to the clinical areas
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned