Medical Assistant/Secretary - CMGE Vaninov PC Off OH
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Vaninov PC Off OH
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Certification is preferred.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The position is a member of the health care team who functions in a dual role, providing administrative as well as clinical support to ensure quality care to patients and the smooth day-to-day operation of the physician practice. Duties will include, but are not limited to, medical assistant duties, answering telephones, making appointments, verifying patient demographic and health insurance information, coordinating billing and referral processes, assembling patient charts, scheduling, data entry and filing.
Please note that this a predominantly Russian speaking practice and we are ideally looking for candidates who are fluent in both Russian & English.
Medical Assistant Functions:
* Takes vital signs
* Prepares the patient, equipment and instruments
* Chaperones female patients as needed
* Reports significant observations and patient problems to appropriate care givers
* Cleans instruments and equipment, as needed
* Provides and maintains supplies, equipment and linen for clinical areas
Medical Secretary Functions:
* Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
* Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed.
* Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
* Greets and registers patients as they arrive for appointments
* Verifies and updates insurance eligibility
* Collects copayments and reconciles copayment batches
* Prepares and sends no-show letters
* Faxes reports to Athena Clinicals. Monitors Athena Clinicals buckets and assigns reports to appropriate provider or employee.
* Opens and sorts mail
* Outreaches to patients to meet quality measure requirements
* Logs record requests and faxes to Sharecare for processing
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Fluency in Russian & English preferred
* 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant
* The ability to perform medical secretary duties
* Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
* Some travel required within the market
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55598