Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant/ Medical Secretary with a positive attitude, to assist our providers in the treatment of patients and office procedures. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- Perform duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers.
- Courteously answer the phone, screen and triage calls appropriately. Receive messages, prescription refill requests and perform other telephone duties as required.
- Assist with patient care. In doing so, ensure the patient is properly prepared, verifies relevant information with patient and assures proper positioning. Assist the provider during any in-office procedures. Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all systems necessary to check patient reports/appointments and schedule appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols. Manage physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including updating patient’s electronic medical record (EMR) , and follow-up phone calls.
- Present a positive attitude and professional appearance in compliance with the dress code policy.
Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting and High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 2 years of medical secretary or medical/professional experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be flexible, customer/patient focused, possess a positive attitude, have excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients.
- Bi-lingual communication skills helpful.
- Possess an ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment.
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics; including pushing patients in wheelchairs.
- Maintain CPR certification and be capable of initiating emergency life support actions as necessary.
- Ability to take vital signs accurately.
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system, knowledge of EMR (such as Athena). Strong understanding of medical terminology, various insurance plans/coverage and referral procedures preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 6131