Medical Assistant (SMG West- Orthopedics)
The Medical Assistant summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assisting in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider, participating in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or needed, and assists or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, insuring that chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document in chart.
- Set-up room and/or equipment and assists with or performs as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visit discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physician with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans, sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. To include retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out of date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- CPR/FA Certification
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…