Medical Assistant/ Surgery Scheduler - Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of a clinical team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice.
- Coordinate the scheduling, referral management, registration, prior authorization and insurance verification processes for patients.
- Identify and handle customer needs, providing exceptional customer service in a timely and efficient manner while working in a team environment.
- Screen and update established patient information for accuracy, and schedule procedures according to procedure description.
- Work closely with clinical department staff to schedule procedures in an efficient manner based on departmental scheduling protocols.
- Medical Assisting responsibilities as needed.
- Take vitals when necessary
- Room placement
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR for physical
- Supply ordering
- Stocking of rooms
- Ordering tests, obtaining prior authorizations
- Requesting and obtaining referrals for patient visits and surgery
- Front desk support - phone triage, appointment scheduling and co-pay collection
Additional duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
• Some travel is required within the market
- One (1) year in healthcare setting performing scheduling, registration, insurance verification and or billing functions.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21198