Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant to assist our providers in the treatment of Orthopedic patients. The successful candidate will
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and condition of all medical devices and equipment used during the workday.
- Be familiar with removing splints and ace wraps, and ability to remove casts when instructed to do so.
- Utilize aseptic technique as necessary, and maintains all supplies needed for procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Takes vital signs and records them accurately.
- Is knowledgeable regarding systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for testing such as synovial fluid.
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including documenting in patients EMR, filing, and follow-up phone calls.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress; bi-lingual communication skills helpful.
- Presents a positive attitude and a professional appearance in compliance with the dress code policy.
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting.
- Successful completion of clinical skills list relevant to specifics of Orthopedic Tech.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year professional experience as a medical assistant in the orthopedic department.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9941