Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and condition of all medical devices and equipment used during the workday.
- Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary, and maintains all supplies needed for procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Takes vital signs and record them appropriately.
- Be knowledgeable regarding systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports (EMR).
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning exam/procedure room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; document accordingly.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including documenting in patients EMR, filing, and follow-up phone calls.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress; bi-lingual communication skills helpful.
- Present a positive attitude and a professional appearance!
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting required. Relevant professional experience preferred.
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 13948