Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Medical Assistant to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and condition of all medical devices and equipment used during the workday.
- Utilize aseptic techniques as necessary, and maintains all supplies needed for procedures in a clean and organized manner.
- Takes vital signs and record them appropriately.
- Be knowledgeable regarding systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports (EMR).
- Perform injections as certified and permissible by law and in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning exam/procedure room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; document accordingly.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient including documenting in patients EMR, filing, and follow-up phone calls.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical and/or emotional stress; bi-lingual communication skills helpful.
- Present a positive attitude and a professional appearance!
- Successful completion of a degree or certificate program in Medical Assisting required. Relevant professional experience preferred.
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 12512