Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of a team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice.
- Take vital signs and record in chart
- Room placement
- Record patient history, chief complaint, pharmacy info, prescription list, etc into EMR
- Supply ordering
- Stocking of rooms
- Ordering and scheduling tests
- Obtaining prior authorizations for prescriptions and tests
- Submitting referral authorization requests for specialty appointments
- Faxing reports for uploading to patients’ EMR charts
- Administering vaccinations and injections
- Performing in-house labs, tests and treatments (e.g., A1c, PT/INR, EKG, nebulizer treatment, etc.)
- Front-end administrative support when necessary (e.g., phone triage, appointment scheduling, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena/ECW a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Some travel is required within the market
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.