- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the “Service Excellence Standards."
- Practices and promotes a "patient-centered care model" within administrative standards.
- Provides primary fiscal management of all patient insurance and insurance referral data.
- It is expected that all telephone communication will be answered or initiated in a cheerful and welcoming manner as per the policy of SMG.
- Review and respond to all insurance rejection and/or claim denial reports and professional billing agencies. Initial review will be made in collaboration with the Practice Manager. However, the Billing is responsible for follow through of the recommendations made and achieving denial recovery of those charges. All responsive documentation is to be retained and filed for continual monitoring and follow up.
- Perform all other related or similar duties as required or as requested by the Practice Manager or Director of Practice Management.
- Participates in role expansion, personal and center development.
- Assist with administrative cross-coverage and other assigned duties.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: 2-3 years of experience in Referral/Billing Management required
- Other: Computer literacy, Familiarity with Referral/Insurance Eligibility Programs, Microsoft Office Suite
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain adherence to policy and procedure.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize daily tasks.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.