Medical Records Clerk
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position functions as a member of the administrative team by performing a variety of duties in multiple offices. Duties include, but are not limited to, filing, answering telephones, assembling patient charts and typing.
• Performs duties and provides assistance according to Faculty Practice Plan policy and procedures, as well as any directives from the Office Manager.
• Organizes and updates files, charts, and records.
• Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality.
• Responsible for general filing, stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• High school diploma required
• One to two years related experience, preferably in a health care setting.
• Medical terminology preferred.
• Word-processing and computer data entry experience preferred.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
• Experience with organization of medical charts preferred
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7321