Medical Scribe - Steward Medical Group - Full Time
The principle duty and function of the Scribe is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising physician.
• Record a physician-directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
• Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
• Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
• Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and staff.
• The Scribe will function at all times under a physician's direct supervision, and will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
• Preferred candidate would be a medical student, nursing student, paramedic student, medical assistant, EMT or CNA.
• Transcriptionist experience preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7078e0df-0226-48fa-aeec-9d332ec3a8ad