Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The principle duty and function of a Medical Scribe is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising provider.
• Record a physician-directed or advanced practitioner directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
• Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
• Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
• Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and clinic staff.
• Will function at all times under a physician or advanced practitioners direct supervision.
• Will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology required
• Strong computer and typing skills required
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with colleagues and patients required
• Strong attention to detail required
• Athena and Meditech experience preferred
• Successful completion of a Medical Assistant, EMT or CNA training program a plus but not required
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 5161