The principle duty and function of a Medical Scribe is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising provider.
- Record a physician-directed or advanced practitioner directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
- Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
- Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
- Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and clinic staff.
- Will function at all times under a physician or advanced practitioners direct supervision.
- Will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required
- Strong computer and typing skills required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with colleagues and patients required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant, EMT or CNA training program a plus but not required
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.