Medical Secretary - 8:00am-5:00pm
SMG - Brockton Area
Internal Medicine @ 1400 1 Pearl Street
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice.
* Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
* Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
* Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital
* Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
* Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
* Organizes and updates files, charts, and records
* Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
* Performs other duties as requested
* Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
* Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
* Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
* Some travel may be required within the market
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100025670