Medical Secretary - Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in a busy practice.
- Use of athenaCollector for scheduling patient appointments, including patient registration, and practice billing. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify patient Insurance eligibility and adding insurance
- Patient Scheduling, including cancelling and rescheduling appointments, creating multi resource appts, using waitlists, and double booking when applicable
- Patient Check In
- Collecting Patient Copays /Payments
- Patient Check Out
- Using Workflow Dashboard
- Completing Day End Activities
- Coordinate the scheduling, referral management, registration, prior authorization and insurance verification processes for patients.
- Identify and handle customer needs, providing exceptional customer service in a timely and efficient manner while working in a team environment.
- Screen and update established patient information for accuracy, and schedule procedures according to procedure
- Work closely with clinical department staff to schedule procedures in an efficient manner based on departmental scheduling protocols.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary preferred
- Experience with EMR strongly preferred (Athena or eCW a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11168