Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Our Primary Care office in Weston, MA is seeking an experienced, personable Medical Secretary with a passion for Wellness and providing exceptional customer service to work full-time at a highly desirable practice: SMG Weston Internal Medicine and Wellness Center. Responsibilities involve traditional front desk work flows while collaborating closely a well-liked and well-respected Primary Care Physician and multi-specialty clinical team. This is a growing, cutting-edge practice focused on providing high quality, highly personalized comprehensive patient care with a holistic focus. At our practice autonomy is valued, team members are well-respected, and practice culture is positive.
• Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
• Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
• Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital
• Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
• Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
• Organizes and updates files, charts, and records
• Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
• Performs other duties as requested
• Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: I55652