Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy internal medicine practice.
- Answer all incoming calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message Check in/check out responsibilities
- Checks, sorts and forwards emails appropriately.
- Sorts and distributes all mail
- Keeps updated records and files.
- Make appointments
- Communication with specialist offices/facilities
- Collect co-payments
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Office front desk experience necessary
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and incorporate knowledge of office systems as well as policies and procedures.
- Internal Medicine experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9988