Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The Medical Secretary summary of duties included supporting all medical staff with various duties to support the clinics.
- Prepares charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, provider, and vendors.
- Obtains authorizations for tests and specialists.
- Oversees schedule to make sure appointments are appropriate with provider schedules.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Takes messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Establishes and maintains system for efficient flow of paperwork. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Transfers calls to appropriate departments.
- Obtains confidentiality
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year experience
- CPR/FA Certification