Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice.
- Use of AthenaCollector for scheduling patient appointments and patient registration. Verify patient Insurance eligibility and adding insurance
- Patient Scheduling, including canceling and rescheduling appointments, creating multi resource appts, using waitlists, and double booking when applicable
- Patient Check In
- Collecting Patient Copays /Payments
- Patient Check Out
- Using Workflow Dashboard
- Completing Day End Activities
- Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
- Prepares the daily schedules for the office
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed.
- Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
- Provides administrative support for physician. Prepares correspondence, forms and other documents are requested. Enters information into the computer system.
- Organizes and updates patient files and records
- Performs other duties as requested
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- experience as a Medical Secretary in an office setting preferred
- Experience with EMR required (Athena or eCW a plus)