Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. Position Summary:
Provides secretarial support to clinical staff. Obtains pre-certifications as required by health care insurers or managed care providers. Informs patients of costs for care being provided, and guides them to appropriate resources for further information.
- Types routine correspondence and reports from dictation or handwritten copy.
- Answers telephones, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled