The Medical Secretary summary of duties included supporting all medical staff with various duties to support the clinics.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience in a clinic or medical setting
- CPR/FA Certification (preferred)
- Prepare charts on new patients, updates charts for existing/returning patients.
- Assists patient with authorization to release medical records.
- Assists with other clerical functions as needed or requested.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, provider, and vendors.
- Obtains authorizations for tests and specialists.
- Oversees schedule to make sure appointments are appropriate with provider schedules.
- Answers all phone calls promptly and courteously. Take messages accurately and completely. Ensures that callers placed on hold are attended to promptly.
- Establishes and maintains system for efficient flow of paperwork. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Transfer calls to appropriate departments.
- Obtains confidentiality
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools
Must be willing to float to other locations
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristics.