Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all clinical support activities in the medical practice. Responsible for providing professional clinical assistance to patients within the practice in support of the physicians. Working directly with the physicians, is the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Responsible for performing all duties in accordance with clinic protocols and procedures.
Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
• Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care:
-Assesses the patient and family as appropriate
-Plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members Evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement
Documents according to Steward and practice policies
Practices and promotes professional clinical care within legal and ethical standards
• Provides education/consultation as needed to other health care team members and to patients and families
• Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through identification of own learning needs
• Encourages an environment of teamwork with other employees. Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in dealing with unforeseen developments through participative leadership and problem solving
• Uses resources and completes assignments in the most cost-effective manner
• Willingly adapts to changing workloads and helps others when they are busy
• Demonstrates effective leadership skills by:
Organizing and appropriately prioritizing patient care assignments
Demonstrating effective delegation skills
• Respects the cultural diversity of others
• Complies with applicable Steward required mandatory education and training
• Maintains professional license through practice-based continuing education programs
• Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels. Assists with recruiting efforts for new clinical staff. Assists with evaluating clinical staff performance and completion of performance evaluations
• Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures
• Responsible for maintaining adequate medical supply and pharmaceutical inventory. Assists in placing orders as necessary
• As a member of clinic management, ensures that the practice meets all code and accreditation standards (OSHA, DPH, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA)
• Administers vaccinations and injections
• Manages anticoagulation patient population, which includes PT-INR testing, relaying results to physicians and communicating changes in medication schedule to patients
• Performs ear lavage and suture removal
• Triages telephone calls and schedules urgent care appointments.
• Frequent contact with outside providers and agencies to facilitate and coordinate patient care.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• Education: Graduate of accredited LPN Program
• 3 or more years in a clinical setting, preferably in office settings related to internal medicine sub-specialties preferred.
• Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Practical Nurse
• Cardiac Stress Lab experience preferred. Experience administering IV meds.
• BLS and ACLS certifications required.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 7371