Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all clinical support activities in the Practice. Responsible for providing professional clinical assistance to patients within the practice in support of the physicians. Working directly with the physicians, is the liaison between the patient and the physicians for establishing and maintaining quality patient care. Responsible for performing all duties in accordance with clinic protocols and procedures.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Utilizes clinical teamwork to oversee the interdisciplinary plan of care:
- Assesses the patient and family as appropriate
- Plans and implements clinical care and facilitates its delivery to patients and family members Evaluates the process and outcome of clinical services in the practice and makes suggestions for improvement
- Documents according to Steward and practice policies
- Practices and promotes professional clinical care within legal and ethical standards
- Provides education/consultation as needed to other health care team members and to patients and families
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through identification of own learning needs
- Encourages an environment of teamwork with other employees. Demonstrates flexibility and creativity in dealing with unforeseen developments through participative leadership and problem-solving
- Uses resources and completes assignments in the most cost-effective manner
- Willingly adapts to changing workloads and helps others when they are busy
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by:
- Organizing and appropriately prioritizing patient care assignments
- Demonstrating effective delegation skills
- Respects the cultural diversity of others
- Complies with applicable Steward required mandatory education and training
- Maintains professional license through practice-based continuing education programs
- Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels. Assists with recruiting efforts for new clinical staff. Assists with evaluating clinical staff performance and completion of performance evaluations
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining adequate medical supply and pharmaceutical inventory. Assists in placing orders as necessary
- As a member of clinic management, ensures that the practice meets all code and accreditation standards (OSHA, -DPH, JCAHO, CLIA, HIPAA)
- Administers vaccinations and injections
- Manages anticoagulation patient population, which includes PT-INR testing, relaying results to physicians and -communicating changes in medication schedule to patients
- Performs ear lavage and suture removal
- Triages telephone calls and schedules urgent care appointments.
- Frequent contact with outside providers and agencies to facilitate and coordinate patient care.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Graduate of accredited LPN or RN Program
- Three (3) or more years in a clinical setting, preferably in office settings related to internal medicine sub-specialties preferred.
- Current licensure in Massachusetts as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.