Nurse Midwife - Steward Medical Group: Brockton Area
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Brockton Area
Steward Medical Group: Brockton Area
2-3 years experience preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for providing nurse midwife services for the Obstetrics and Gynecology department at Good Samaritan Medical Center. The primary function of the Nurse Midwife is to provide safe and personalized care to women of all ages and their families in the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and Gynecology settings. Will work collaboratively with the attending Ob/Gyn physician.
* Works in the inpatient and outpatient settings at Good Samaritan Medical Center.
* Scheduling, admitting and discharging of patients.
* Management of prenatal care, normal labor, delivery, postpartum, and immediate newborn periods.
* Assist patients needing Routine GYN care
* Provide approved obstetrical/gynecological interventions, physician and social service consultation/referrals, outside agency referrals.
* Prescribes medications and therapeutics according to the nurse-midwifery guidelines and the mandates of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.
* Evaluates the individual health care status of patients through completion of detailed history, physical exam and laboratory tests as appropriate.
* Documents clinical information and patient interactions in a clear, complete, concise, and organized manner.
* Provides clinical and psychosocial assessments throughout pregnancy and well-woman care during the interconceptual periods.
* Provides continuous patient education/health education teaching opportunities throughout pregnancy and during the interconceptual period.
* Provides on-call coverage for the hospital and may First-Assist with surgeries
* Graduated from an accredited education program in nursing, and a nurse-midwifery program accredited by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
* Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Nurse-Midwife License
* Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Registered Nurse License
* Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
* 2 Years of experience as a nurse-midwife strongly preferred
* Master's Degree Required.
* Current Neonatal Resuscitation certification.
* BLS Certified
* ACLS Certified
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 52371