The primary function of the nurse-midwife is to provide safe and personalized care to women of all ages and their families in the antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and Gynecology settings. The nurse-midwife will work collaboratively with the attending OBGYN physician.
- Works in the office as well as the inpatient and outpatient settings at Good Samaritan Medical Center.
- Scheduling, admitting and discharging of patients.
- Management of prenatal care, normal labor, delivery, postpartum, and immediate newborn periods.
- Assist patients needing Routine GYN care
- Provide approved obstetrical/gynecological interventions, physician and social service consultation/referrals, outside agency referrals.
- Prescribes medications and therapeutics according to the nurse-midwifery guidelines and the mandates of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency.
- Evaluates the individual health care status of patients through completion of detailed history, physical exam and laboratory tests as appropriate.
- Documents clinical information and patient interactions in a clear, complete, concise, and organized manner.
- Provides clinical and psychosocial assessments throughout pregnancy and well-woman care during the interconceptual periods.
- Provides continuous patient education/health education teaching opportunities throughout pregnancy and during the interconceptual period.
- Provides on-call coverage as needed by the hospital for First-Assist with surgeries
- Graduated from an accredited education program in nursing, and a nurse-midwifery program accredited by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
- Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Nurse-Midwife License
- Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Registered Nurse License
- Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
- 5+ Years of experience as a nurse-midwife strongly preferred
- Master’s Degree Required.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation certification strongly preferred
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10588